EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Common Cause
Common Cause Statement on Introduction of the Government by the People Act
WASHINGTON - February 5 - "Giant corporations, special interests and ultra-wealthy donors shout through big-money megaphones to drown out the voices of hardworking Americans in the political process," said Karen Hobert Flynn, senior vice president for strategy and programs at Common Cause. "This is bold legislation that would elevate our voices and free congressional candidates to work for us, not their big donors. Common Cause commends Congressman Sarbanes, Leader Pelosi and others championing this effort.
“Common Cause has been instrumental in the adoption of successful public financing systems in states like Arizona, Connecticut and Maine. We know these systems can work and that they have important ripple effects – allowing more women and minorities to seek and win office and giving all elected officials the freedom to put the public interest first as they address tough issues."