The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
150,000 Tell the DOJ to Bar JPMorgan from Reaping Tax Windfall for $9 Billion Settlement
WASHINGTON - November 1 - U.S. PIRG and Americans for Tax Fairness will present over 150,000 petitions to the Department of Justice calling for the agency to bar JPMorgan Chase from writing off the cost of an expected $9 billion settlement as a tax deduction. The petitions insist that taxpayers should not be forced to pick up the tab for the billions in lost revenue that the tax write-off would cost the country.
Boxes of signed petitions will form the backdrop of the press conference.
Speakers: Francisco Enriquez, U.S. PIRG; Frank Clemente, Americans for Tax Fairness
When: Monday, November 4th, 11:00 a.m. EASTERN
Where: Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC.
The event will take place in front of the building on the Constitution Avenue side.