EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Stop the War Coalition
LONDON 9 Aug: Leading Anti-War Figures Gather to Demand Bradley Manning Release
LONDON - August 8 -
- Tariq Ali (writer and film-maker), Peter Tatchell (human rights campaigner), Natalie Bennett (Leader of the Green Party) and others gather to demand immediate release of Bradley Manning
- US activist and RootsAction.org co-founder Norman Solomon will speak in London en route to Oslo where he will present 100,000 signatures in support of Manning's Nobel Peace Prize
Bradley Manning faces a prison sentence of up to 136 years after being found guilty of 20 charges for revealing the war crimes carried out in our name. This public meeting will discuss the courage and sacrifice of truth-tellers like Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden, who have exposed how the secret state wages perpetual war behind our backs.
Chris Nineham, vice-chair of Stop the War Coalition, said "Bradley Manning's disgraceful treatment goes right to the heart of the hypocrisy and brutality of the War on Terror. It's essential the anti-war movement does everything it can to defend him."
"This meeting is about strengthening the campaign in his defence and against the ongoing disastrous war."
A former winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, Mairead Corrigan-Maguire, has formally nominated Manning for the honour, saying “I can think of no one more deserving.” She wrote last month that disclosures from Manning “helped end the Iraq War, and may have helped prevent further conflicts elsewhere.”