EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rural Women Leaders from Kenya, Sudan, Haiti and Nicaragua Speak Out
NEW YORK - February 28 - Grassroots women are the world’s foremost rural development experts, but their knowledge is often ignored by policymakers. This Thursday, MADRE will host a panel with our grassroots partners from Kenya, Sudan, Haiti and Nicaragua. Come hear from them as they strategize, build solutions and make their voices heard.
- Fatima Ahmed, Director of Zenab for Women and Development in Sudan, on unionizing women farmers to combat discrimination and adapt to climate change
- Hubbie Hussein al-Haji, Director of Womankind Kenya, on women’s strategies to provide famine relief
- Malya Villard-Appolon, General Coordinator of KOFAVIV in Haiti, on the experiences of rural women displaced to urban areas
- Rose Cunningham, Director of Wangki Tangni in Nicaragua, on Indigenous women’s organizing to end hunger and violence
DATE: Thursday, March 1
PLACE: 1st Floor Chapel, United Nations Church Center, 777 1st Avenue at 44th Street