The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
WASHINGTON - April 21 - WILL POTTER, will at willpotter.com
Author of the new book “Green Is the New Red: An Insider’s Account of a Social Movement Under Siege,” Potter said today: “With Earth Day approaching, everyone is talking about ‘going green.’ But most people are unaware that anti-terrorism resources are being used to target environmentalists and animal rights activists. In Pennsylvania, a counter-terrorism firm was used to spy on people who attended film screenings of the documentary ‘Gasland.’ In California, activists have faced terrorism charges for chalking slogans on the sidewalk. And environmentalist Tim DeChristopher is now facing 10 years in prison for non-violently disrupting an oil and gas auction. Industry groups have created the term ‘eco-terrorism’ to demonize a group of people because of their political beliefs. And their campaigns have successfully turned these groups into the FBI’s ‘number one domestic terrorism threat.’”
Background: “‘Bogus Bidder’ Convicted Of Disrupting Energy Auction”