EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Opposing Budget Plans
NPP Looks at the Options
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. - April 20 - To help our constituents take part in Congress's April recess and President Obama's "Town Meetings" on the deficit, National Priorities Project has released a new analysis of the competing budget plans issued by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan and the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
In addition, NPP provides a set of tools which summarize the outcome of the FY2011 federal budget process and offer a powerful foundation necessary for understanding the current FY2012 budget debate:
- Our recent analysis of the Fiscal Year 2011 budget agreement;
- A re-release of NPP's FY2012 budget materials (reflecting the impact of the FY2011 budget agreement);
- Our updated President's FY2012 Budget Webinar;
- Educational materials to help teach others about the federal budget; and
- Federal Budget 101 budget briefs and charts
NPP Budget Analyst Chris Hellman notes, "When Congress returns to Washington in May, they will resume work that will have an impact not just this year and next, but for decades to come. It's imperative that every elected official hears from her/his constituents. NPP is here to help."