EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Planned Parenthood
Statement from Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Regarding the Final Day of Budget Negotiations
WASHINGTON - April 8 - “It's an outrage to shut down the government over an extreme proposal that would deny millions of women Pap tests, breast cancer screenings and birth control.
“Attacking Planned Parenthood’s preventive health care hurts women, does not cut the deficit or fix the economy, and must be stopped.”
BACKGROUND: More than 90 percent of the health care Planned Parenthood provides is preventive.
Every year, Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses provide:
-nearly one million screenings for cervical cancer
-830,000 breast exams
-affordable birth control to nearly 2.5 million patients
-nearly four million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV testing
Read fact sheet on Planned Parenthood health services HERE.