EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Why US Fracking Companies Are Licking Their Lips Over Ukraine
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Public Citizen
Hey, Jon Stewart, Read This: Public Citizen Supporters Offer Thousands of Sign Suggestions for Your D.C. Rally
Public Interest Group Will Choose Winning Slogan and Put It on Signs
WASHINGTON - October 5 - More than 3,700 slogans have been entered in Public Citizen’s “What Sign Should I Bring to Jon Stewart’s Rally to Restore Sanity” contest since it was launched shortly after the Comedy Central comedian announced his plans for an Oct. 30 event on the National Mall.
Public Citizen plans to pick its favorite slogan, print it up on placards and hand the signs out at Stewart’s rally and Stephen Colbert’s “rival” March to Keep Fear Alive.
Some of the slogans entered into Public Citizen’s contest include:
• At least the war on the middle class is going well!;
• Too Poor to Buy a Politician;
• I’VE HAD ALL I CAN STAND AND I CAN’T wait to read about this during my lunch break at work unless it’s super busy;
• I believe in the separation of corporation and state;
• Immigrants didn’t steal our jobs, multinational corporations shipped them overseas; and
• Of course you’re depressed, the rich tricked you.
The popularity of the sign contest is more evidence of the public’s frustration with the corporate-dominated status quo in Washington.
“In a country where the highest court in the land can’t tell the difference between corporations and real, live, breathing humans, we definitely need a dose of rationality,” said Public Citizen President Robert Weissman.
To see the entries in Public Citizen’s “What Sign Should I Bring to Jon Stewart’s Rally to Restore Sanity” contest, go to http://www.citizen.org/jon-stewart-sanity-rally-signs.
The Facebook group can be found at http://www.facebook.com/signs4sanity.