The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Senate Must Reject the Enzi Resolution to Roll Back Consumer Protections
“It's disappointing that powerful Washington lobbies would try to deny American families and small businesses the new health insurance options they just began to enjoy last week. But today, with backing from groups like the National Association of Health Underwriters and the National Chamber of Commerce, Senator Mike Enzi (NV) will try to do just that. U.S. PIRG urges the Senate to reject the attempt.
“This roll-back effort would strip many Americans of the new rights and options they won last week, including the right to cover children with pre-existing conditions and the right to keep young adults on their parents’ plan to age 26.”