The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
CEO Pay, Unemployment and Labor
SARAH ANDERSON, via Tamar Abrams
Anderson is global economy project director at the Institute for Policy Studies and co-author of the just-released report "Executive Excess 2010: CEO Pay and the Great Recession -- The 17th annual executive compensation survey looks at how CEOs laid off thousands while raking in millions."
Director of Labor Notes, Brenner said today: "Nearly 26 million people are suffering unemployment in one form or another this Labor Day, but in our upside down economy cutting the deficit somehow has become the alpha and the omega of economic policymakers. Why is it that the only folks that seem to count when it comes to charting the nation's economic future are bankers and insurance industry executives? Working people have been paying the price for our wrong-headed economic priorities for more than a generation. Where are the pitchforks?"