The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Time to Move Forward With Health Reform
Statement by Larry McNeely, Health Care Advocate, on President Obama’s decision to move forward with health care reform
WASHINGTON - March 4 - "With tens of millions of Americans facing double-digit hikes in their health care premiums, the U.S. Public Interest Research Group applauds President Obama's decision to move forward with a health care package that embraces new cost containment ideas from Republicans and Democrats.
"This sensible compromise takes the steps American families and small businesses desperately need: it ends the worst abuses by insurance companies, lets ordinary Americans choose to purchase the kind of coverage now enjoyed by members of Congress, and reins in skyrocketing costs.
"After a year of constant partisan debate, it's high time each and every member of Congress stop just talking about rising health costs and actually do something to address it."