EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Understanding the Propaganda Campaign Against Public Education
- Israeli Youth: 'We Refuse to Serve in the Occupation Army'
- The Real Irish American Story Not Taught in Schools
- Evacuate the Economy (or By the Way, Your Home Is On Fire)
- Students and Faculty Reject Idea of Bush-era War Criminal as Honoree
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Public Citizen
Sens. Dodd, Udall Deserve Kudos for Effort to Overturn Citizens United Case
Statement of Robert Weissman, President, Public Citizen
WASHINGTON - February 24 - The Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission - holding that corporations have a First Amendment right to spend unlimited sums from their treasuries to influence election outcomes - strikes at the heart of our democracy by undermining our ability to conduct fair elections. Preserving our democracy requires the decision to be overturned; in the absence of the court reversing itself, that means we need a constitutional amendment. Public Citizen applauds the courage and leadership of Sens. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.) in introducing a constitutional amendment today to undo the damage perpetrated by Citizens United.