EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Open Government Advocates Call on Congress to Strengthen FOIA
WASHINGTON - June 2 - On June 1st, CREW joined with 9 open government organizations in urging the ranking members of a House-Senate Conference on Appropriations to retain the Leahy-Cornyn OPEN FOIA Act, a provision contained in the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2009 that would strengthen the existing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The OPEN FOIA Act would ensure greater transparency by requiring Congress to explicitly state its intentions when creating a statutory exemption to the FOIA in new legislation.
Read the letter in the Related Documents section below: