EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
Israeli Military Shoots Down Drone, Blames Hezbollah, Iran
Israeli Defense Forces claim that they have shot down a drone that was approaching the country's northern coast on Thursday morning, the Associated Press reports.
Ownership of the drone was initially blamed on Hezbollah, as the drone approached the Israeli border from Lebanon.
"The drone was flying at an altitude of about 6,000 feet (1,800 meters) and was downed roughly five miles (eight kilometers) off the Israeli coast near the northern city of Haifa. Lerner said Israeli naval forces were searching for the remains of the aircraft," AP reports.
Israel also claimed that the unmanned aircraft was manufactured by Iran. A similar claim was made in October, when another drone was allegedly shot down by Israel.