Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
Keystone XL Protestors Occupy TransCanada's Lobby Firm
Tar sands solidarity protestors arrested for barricading doors to DC firm
Dozens of protestors linked arms, barring the doors of TransCanada's lobbying firm Monday morning to protest in solidarity with the Tar Sands Blockade.
The crowd gathered outside the Washington D.C. offices chanting "No pipeline! No tar sands! No destruction of indigenous lands!"
According to the Tar Sands Blockade blog, "police were quick to arrive at the scene and arrested several protestors."
Below is a video of the protest, filmed by Occupy Eye.
You can follow the live events here:
* * *