EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Mississippi Voting on Bill to Grant Embryos Personhood
In Mississippi, citizens are voting on a bill that would establish that a fertilized human egg is a person. Both the Republican and Democratic candidates for governor in Mississippi are in favor of the measure, which would confer rights on an embryo from the moment of conception. If passed, the measure would make Mississippi the first state ever to grant constitutional rights to embryo. The consequences of such a move remain unclear, although many speculate it could make infertility treatments and birth control illegal — and would all but certainly lead to a ban on abortion.