EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Vermont Measure Calls for Revoking Corporate Personhood
In Vermont, a landmark measure has been introduced to revoke the
granting of personhood rights to U.S. corporations.
The bill calls for a constitutional amendment declaring "corporations are not persons under the laws of the United States." The measure's introduction Friday came on the one-year anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision on the case of Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, which opened the floodgates for unlimited corporate spending on election campaigns.