EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Former US President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized: Official
CHICAGO - Former US president Jimmy Carter, 85, was hospitalized Tuesday in Cleveland, Ohio, after falling ill on a flight to the city, an airport spokeswoman told AFP.
The former president, who maintains a busy public schedule and recently released his 26th book, was taken to the hospital around 11:30 am (1530 GMT) by paramedics who met his plane upon arrival.
"Our units were dispatched to a call regarding a distressed passenger on an inbound Delta flight," Cleveland Airport System spokeswoman Jacqueline Mayo said.
"They identified the passenger as former president Jimmy Carter. They took him off the plane and transferred him to the hospital."
Mayo did not have any information about Carter's condition but said he was taken to Metro Health Hospital.
A spokeswoman for the hospital said she was unable to confirm anything at this time.