Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
Sheehan, Others To Protest At CIA, Cheney's House
LANGLEY, Va. ―
Anti-war activists, including Cindy Sheehan and former U.S. Rep.
Cynthia McKinney, will rally outside the CIA's headquarters in Virginia
to protest the U.S. use of drone aircraft to attack al-Qaida and
The group also plans to march Saturday to former Vice President Dick Cheney's home nearby in McLean.
On Friday, Sheehan said organizers were meeting with Fairfax County Police to plan the protest and march. The demonstration is slated to begin about 1 p.m. near the CIA.
Sheehan says plans call for staying on the sidewalks and public roads near Cheney's home. She says some protesters, though, may risk arrest by walking up to the house.
Sheehan's 21-year-old son, Casey, was killed in the war in Iraq.