Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Sheehan, Others To Protest At CIA, Cheney's House
LANGLEY, Va. ―
Anti-war activists, including Cindy Sheehan and former U.S. Rep.
Cynthia McKinney, will rally outside the CIA's headquarters in Virginia
to protest the U.S. use of drone aircraft to attack al-Qaida and
The group also plans to march Saturday to former Vice President Dick Cheney's home nearby in McLean.
On Friday, Sheehan said organizers were meeting with Fairfax County Police to plan the protest and march. The demonstration is slated to begin about 1 p.m. near the CIA.
Sheehan says plans call for staying on the sidewalks and public roads near Cheney's home. She says some protesters, though, may risk arrest by walking up to the house.
Sheehan's 21-year-old son, Casey, was killed in the war in Iraq.