EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Police Arrest 7 Protesters in Sit-In Calling for Single-Payer Health Insurance in Chicago
Police spokesman Officer Robert Perez says the protesters were arrested Thursday on criminal trespassing charges at insurance giant Cigna Corp.'s Midwest sales office.
Perez says the detainees were among about two dozen demonstrators picketing with signs and chanting "Patients, not profits!"
Protest organizers including Healthcare-NOW! and the Center for the Working Poor are planning similar protests next week in other U.S. cities, including Philadelphia, where Cigna's corporate headquarters are located.
The major health reform proposals being worked out in Washington do not include a single-payer plan.