EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Farming Under Fire
Israel has uprooted, cut down or otherwise willfully destroyed over a million Palestinian olive and citrus trees in the name of "security." Many Palestinians continue to fight the occupation by replanting them, or trying to. Incredible video of a group of Gaza activists in the so-called buffer zone, which contains almost half the area's arable land, scrambling to plant scrappy seedlings while being bombarded by Israeli tear gas and, finally, live ammunition. Shame.
From the Torah: “Even if you are at war with a city...you must not destroy its trees.” - Deut 20:19