EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
- Hillary Clinton and the Future Failure of Progressive Hope and Change
Today's Top News
So God Made A Factory Farmer...And Pesticides. And Subsidies. And Corn Syrup. And Mexicans.
After the farmer-themed Dodge Ram ad for the Super Bowl made such a splash, the folks at Funny or Die decided to make a more realistic version of the state of American agriculture, from Monsanto to Gushers. Nailed it.
And God said: "Granted, the American agricultural industry has evolved into a manufacturing giant that’s more like Walmart than a mom-and-pop store. And it’s backed by powerful interest groups that spend hundreds of millions lobbying Congress. But despite all that, the word 'farmer’ still evokes salt of the earth, American Gothic imagery. And, from a marketing standpoint, that would be a helpful thing to associate with an automaker that nearly went bankrupt due to mismanagement...So God made this commercial."