EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Why US Fracking Companies Are Licking Their Lips Over Ukraine
Today's Top News
Don't Shoot! Not Dorner!
Fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner is still missing in California despite hundreds of tips, a million dollar reward, newly filed murder charges and widespread havoc caused in large part by an overzealous LAPD police force that has responded with its usual racist finesse by periodically shooting anything that moves, including a Latina mother and daughter and a short white guy, none of whom even vaguely resemble the hefty, black Dorner. Savvy L.A. residents have responded to the chaos with Don't Shoot signs, t-shirts and memes.
"I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said the attorney of one victim of police inattentiveness. "These people need training, and they need restraint."