EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
NYPD Gets Their Man - Errr, Seven-Year-Old - After Ten Hours of Questioning
Reyes' mother took this picture with her cell phone when she saw him at the station. Smart lady.
The family of Bronx third-grader Wilson Reyes is suing the NYPD for $250 million after the seven-year-old perp was arrested at school, handcuffed, detained and interrogated for four hours at school and another six at the station - with occasional threats they'd put him away “with the big boys” - over a missing $5 he may or may not have taken from another kid who he may or may not have earlier bullied. Police say “Everything was done properly - he was arrested for a robbery." If they hadn't handcuffed him to that pipe, they add, "we would have had an escaped prisoner on our hands.”