Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
A Long and Proud Tradition: Sierra Club's New Embrace of Civil Disobedience
In the wake of last week's announcement by The Sierra Club it was endorsing peaceful civil disobedience for the first time in 120 years to fight the Keystone pipeline, more from director Michael Brune on "following in the hallowed footsteps of Thoreau." No word yet on just what the group plans to do.
"Either we leave at least two-thirds of the known fossil fuel reserves in the ground, or we destroy our planet as we know it."