EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Don't Use His Fire: Why Cornel West Is Upset Obama Was Sworn In On Martin Luther King's Bible
An impassioned Cornel West objects to Obama's use of MLK's Bible as "a moment of political calculation" without also acknowledging "the challenge (King) presents to all those in power, no matter what color." Citing the black tradition that gave birth to the fiercely anti-war King, West insists it not be "sanitized, deodorized, sterilized."