Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Hillary Clinton Goes to Bat for GMOs at Biotech Conference
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- Revealed: 'Collect It All' NSA Targets Those Seeking Web Privacy
Today's Top News
The Biggest Issue We Aren't Talking About
Seeking to raise awareness of sexual violence in America, the Enliven Project has released a startling infographic on rape - the vast estimated numbers that occur, the few reported, the fewer still prosecuted, the even fewer that result in jail time, or, even rarer, turn out to be false accusations. There's been some debate about the methodology, but no one can dispute the basic, grisly truths revealed. To protest them, 600 guitarists gathered at a music festival in India last week to play Lennon's "Imagine" in hopes of one day making change. If they can, we can.