EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
As the World Turns
Oh To Be A Fly on the Wall Dept: Here's House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) at the swearing-in ceremony of New York Rep. Sean Maloney, along with Maloney's husband Randy Florke and two of their three children. Later, Maloney told a sweet story about his 10-year-old daughter getting sick from all the excitement. Which made him realize, just like any other parent who isn't, you know, of the gay variety, that he would have to struggle to balance work and family. The same day Boehner met another gay spouse - of Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wisconsin) - Congressional spouse pin and all. The day before, Boehner had reiterated his anti-gay marriage stance. Congress, family, irony, bigotry may never be the same.