EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Feel Free to Indulge In the Ancient Gesture of Insult
A cop cannot pull you over and arrest you just because you gave him the finger, a federal appeals court has ruled. In the 2006 case, a guy in New York flipped off an officer, who then stopped and arrested the man claiming he thought he'd been "trying to get my attention." The disbelieving court ruled the "ancient gesture of insult is not the basis for a reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation or impending criminal activity." Just so you know.