EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Argh: House GOP Votes To Support the Sanctity of Wife-Beating and Other Traditional Values
Despite the fact that for 18 years Democrats and even Republicans have agreed it's a good thing to fund programs to combat domestic violence against women, the House has refused to renew a Violence Against Women Act that was expanded to include immigrant, LGBT and Native American victims because....ummm, actually, we don't know why, nor can we begin to imagine what possible justification they can even attempt to summon up in their wee little brains, though they've undoubtedly managed to concoct something. These people are contemptible.