EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
Payback: Homeowners Move to Foreclose on Greedy Slacker Banks
In Florida, where over 400,000 borrowers had their homes foreclosed on by greedy lenders, hundreds of homeowner and condo associations are turning the tables - putting liens on banks that haven't paid owed dues and fees, and foreclosing on them when they don't pony up. One attorney has filed more than 1,100 liens against banks on behalf of homeowners and has pursued 131 foreclosures. In more than 90% of the cases, the banks pay the bills. It's unclear how many will ever learn the lesson of paying their fair share.