EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Payback: Homeowners Move to Foreclose on Greedy Slacker Banks
In Florida, where over 400,000 borrowers had their homes foreclosed on by greedy lenders, hundreds of homeowner and condo associations are turning the tables - putting liens on banks that haven't paid owed dues and fees, and foreclosing on them when they don't pony up. One attorney has filed more than 1,100 liens against banks on behalf of homeowners and has pursued 131 foreclosures. In more than 90% of the cases, the banks pay the bills. It's unclear how many will ever learn the lesson of paying their fair share.