EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Infrared Dreams: I Wish My Eyes Would Rot
For over five years, Brandon Bryant worked in a locked, windowless, trailer-like container in New Mexico that hummed with computers. When he pressed a button, someone died on the other side of the world. One time, it was a child who suddenly appeared by a mud house targeted with lasers. More on drone operators, PTSD, and the ramifications when our invisible warfare becomes unexpectedly, necessarily real to those waging it.
"Did we just kill a kid?" he asked the man sitting next to him.