EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
What, union-busting wasn't enough? Now Michigan's lame-duck, GOP-controlled legislature is set to allow concealed weapons in former "gun-free" zones like schools, churches, hospitals and sports stadiums, because, really, what goes better together than churches and firearms, or armed yahoos on a football afternoon in The Big House packed with thousands of screaming, raging fans? To ensure everyone's safe, lawmakers mandated minimally "more training" - eight hours and 94 rounds fired - and barely declined to scrap background checks altogether. But they also tinkered with rules to make it easier for pretty much anyone who can walk on two legs to get a permit. And more tilting to the right awaits. Not a pretty sight.