EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
12.10.12 - 10:40 PM
Hostess' 'Betrayal Without Remedy' Just Got Worse
Wow. So not only did the management of Hostess, beloved if artery-clogging maker of all things Twinkie and Ding Dong, run the company into the ground with the help of vulture capitalists specializing in this sort of thing, blame the 18,500 union workers whose jobs got lost, give themselves $1.8 million in bonuses to pick up the mismanaged pieces, and vote to borrow $30 million for a "consultant" to figure out what the hell to do next - not only that, it turns out they also "diverted" - aka stole - money from workers' pensions for company operations. Oh yeah, and it's "legal." But they have a great name for it, which makes everything okay.