EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
The World We Want To Live In: Free Education For All and Pizza by Balloon
Students at New York’s Cooper Union, one of the country's last tuition-free universities, are in their fifth day of occupying a clock tower at the school to protest the administration’s first-ever plan to charge tuition. Citing a recent escalation of both student protests and police responses - like the infamous pepper-spray incident at UC Davis - the protesters are well-prepared with food and water, and have set up a website and Twitter account. Supporters outside - see video - even rigged a balloon-and-pulley system to deliver pizza. In a nice touch, none of the occupiers themselves face tuition charges: They say they are "fighting for future generations which have not come.”