Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
As History Repeats Itself in Gaza, a Plea for Help
Writing from Gaza, director of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights Raji Sourani pleads with the international community to not forget the Palestinians:
Our demand is not extravagant, or unreasonable. We simply want to be treated as equals. We ask that our rights be respected, that so-called universal human rights be extended to the Gaza Strip. We ask that the rule of law be respected, and that all those responsible for violations of international law be held to account.
We remind the international community of the last major assault on the Gaza Strip, when civilians bore the brunt of political inaction. We should not wait for the same atrocities to be committed again.
We demand justice and accountability. We dream of a normal life, in freedom and dignity.
Read his full statement here