EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
True Bravery: UPS: 1, BSA: 0
Arguing that "giving means more than writing a check," UPS has joined a growing list of companies, including Intel and AT&T, severing ties with the Boy Scouts of America because of its anti-gay policy. The UPS action came in the wake of a Change.org petition, one of several bearing over 330,000 signatures, urging the BSA to act on their alleged principles and stop discriminating. Last year, the UPS Foundation gave the BSA $167,000. And to show support for tolerance for all, how to hack your Eagle Scout Award.
"Corporate America gets it better than most: Policies that discriminate aren’t simply wrong - they're bad for business and they're hurting the Scouting community. You would think that after all the Boy Scouts have lost as a result of this policy, they would understand that."