Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
The Awesomeness of the Universe and Other Sciencey Things Your Kids Probably Aren't Learning
Talk about your theory of relativity. Last month, 68 Nobel-winning scientists wrote an open letter to Obama endorsing his commitment to investing in science "to continue America’s proud legacy of discovery and invention,” particularly in contrast to Romney's plan to slash those investments. Now a new, entertaining video message to Obama laments that most high school physics courses end in 1865 - when a computer was a person figuring out taxes - and urges him and his Department of Education to focus more on atoms, photons, quarks, chaos and other awesome stuff.
"You know what can happen in 150 years, Mr. President? A lot."