Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Political Hit Job: What Senate Republicans Don't Want You To See or Know
In an astounding, little-reported act of hubris, Senate Republicans apparently killed a study by the non-partisan Congressional Research Service when its findings contradicted their favorite economic myth: that giving tax cuts to the rich helps anyone but themselves. After the study found that lower tax rates for the wealthy "do not appear correlated with economic growth" - though they do increase economic disparities - Senate GOP leaders protested the study's "methodology," tone, and use of terms like "tax cuts for the rich," and removed it from public view. Charging the move had "the hues of a Banana Republic," Democrats have re-published it. Read all about it.