Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Right Here In Front of Us: On War and Racism
With that almost-unmentioned war far away still grinding on - to the tune of $2 billion a week and untold death and suffering on all sides - the extraordinary Winter Soldier testimony of Mike Prysner, Iraq Veteran Against the War and founder of March Forward!, on realizing the enemy is a blinding racism that makes occupation and destruction of another country seem acceptable, and "the real terrorist was me." Brave man; his full testimony here.
"Our real enemy is not the ones living in a distant land whose names or policies we don't understand. The real enemy is a system that wages war when it's profitable, the CEOs who lay us off our jobs when it's profitable, the Insurance Companies who deny us Health care when it's profitable, the Banks who take away our homes when it's profitable. Our enemies are not several hundred thousands away. They are right here in front of us." - Mike Prysner