EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
A Human Issue
This week about 5,000 people stood in line for up to three days and nights outside the LA Sports Arena to get a wristband to go back for free health or dental care they otherwise can't afford. That's a thousand more than last year, but an infinitesimal sliver of the estimated two million without health insurance. In one of America's biggest, richest cities. The Rude Pundit feels this is not ok.
"You don't wait three nights outside for a chance to see a doctor a few days later because taxes are too high or because Israel's prime minister is feeling neglected or because government-run health care won't give you your choice of doctors or whatever. You sleep in that line because you don't have anywhere else to go, except here, in one of of the biggest cities. In America. Right now."