EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
The Romney-Koch Moment, Replaced By Babes
Amidst the convention hoopla and hyperbole and fine speeches full of half (or in some cases, no) truths, a key catch by DemocracyNow most TV viewers didn't get to see. As Romney strides toward the stage, he shakes the hand and clasps the shoulder of David Koch, who is giving him close to $400 million to advance the right-wing agenda. Mysteriously, the networks cut away just then to show two bubbly young women supporters, then came back to Romney. Curiouser and curiouser. Lookit Romney's slo-mo expression as he points that knowing finger. Therein, all the lies and corporate money and overarching secrecy of the election.