EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
See Me, Speak My Name: The Stories You Won't Hear At Either Convention
As the Democrats gather, a look at the "invisible people," the "least of these," the 46 million Americans who have fallen into poverty or homelessness but who remain, unfathomably, unconscionably, outside the national conversation. From Leonard Pitts.
"It's comforting to believe the line separating them from you is Hulk-strong and neon bright, that their situation reflects some failing - moral, spiritual, intellectual - that you, righteous soul, do not suffer. Comforting. But then, self-delusion often is...Life happened to them, same as it happens to anyone."