EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
For LAPD, Time (Again) to Redefine Protect and Serve
Another evident case of police brutality and racial profiling as a beefy phalanx of LAPD officers tackle, beat up and arrest black college sophomore Ronald Weekley, 20, in broad daylight in front of his Venice home, for skateboarding on the wrong side of the road. Weekley, who suffered a broken nose and cheekbone, tearfully told a rally several days later, "I thought I was going to die." His family has hired Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Trayvon Martin's family. Cell phone video by angry neighbors captured much of the incident.