EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Scary: A Lot More Fire
This summer's heat and drought have created wildfires across ten western states that burned almost seven million acres - a larger area than Maryland, with Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, California and New Mexico the worst hit - and broke the national record for fire devastation, reports the National Interagency Fire Center. There are currently over three dozen fires actively burning almost a million and a half acres, with the smoke so thick it's visible from space. Meanwhile, the GOP has drafted "the most conservative platform in modern history," hysterically urging an abortion ban, mandatory ultrasounds, more guns and no same-sex anything. To date, not a word on climate change.