EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
Confirmed: Oil Is Bad For People, Turtles and Other Living Things
New data and photos reveal even more undisclosed damage two years after BP unleashed 4.9 million barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Through a FOIA request, Greenpeace has released over 100 photos, many of the endangered Kemp's Ridley sea turtles dead and covered in oil. And a new study of the mental health of Gulf Coast residents show they continue to suffer from lower overall emotional health, and 30% higher rates of depression, since the spill according to a "well-being" index - none of which has stopped industry and government from forging ahead with more potential disasters. How quickly we forget.
"The White House was sitting on this stuff for over two years, at the same time they were saying everything was fine, that the oil was gone, and while they were rushing ahead with plans for new drilling in the Gulf, the Arctic, elsewhere. It's just not OK. This is not an acceptable type of collateral damage."