EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
Published on Friday, April 12, 2013 by The Independent/UK
Thatcherism Was a National Catastrophe That Still Poisons Us
We are in the midst of the third great economic collapse since the Second World War: all three have taken place since Thatcherism launched its great crusade
In the war led by Margaret Thatcher’s governments – against the left, the trade unions, the post-war consensus – her side was crushingly, devastatingly, humiliatingly victorious.
© 2013 The Independent