EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Iranian Meddling in Yemen, Says Unnamed Official From Meddling Country
Reuters is reporting (1/28/13) that a shipment of weapons bound for Yemen was seized on January 23, bound for anti-government insurgents. Who sent the "large cache of weapons" isn't known, but the United States will tell you... anonymously.
A second official told Reuters the intercepted shipment was believed to have been from Iran and destined for insurgents, likely Houthis.
"This demonstrates the ever pernicious Iranian meddling in other countries in the region," said the second U.S. official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity.
Iran denies any interference in Yemen's affairs.
Well then. The country that has invaded and occupied two countries in the region, and is currently waging a drone war in Yemen–not to mention the occasional cluster bomb attack–is granted anonymity to call out another country's alleged "meddling"?
The mind reels.