EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
McDonald's Employee Confronts Executive: I Can't Afford Shoes For My Children
Nancy Salgado, 26 years old, is a cashier at McDonald's. She is a single mother with two children. Nancy earns $8.25 an hour working thirty to forty hours a week.
She has worked for McDonald’s since she was 16 and has never had a raise.
Salgado confronted the president of McDonald’s, Jeff Stratton, about her wages during his speech at the Union League Club of Chicago.
“Do you think this is fair, that I have to be making $8.25 when I've worked for McDonald's for ten years?” said Salgado.